Tuesday, January 20, 2009

students on strike

Okay, I know I said I was finally going to start classes today, but 
(un?)fortunately for me, the French are a little bit ridiculous.  We got to the university building and I found out I had placed in the higher of the two levels our program had guessed we would be in (B2), along with most of the other kids.  However, this doesn't really mean a whole lot, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Anyway, we got there, found out our levels and then we had this big meeting thing for all the CUEF students.  It was super boring and they basically said all the stuff we already knew.  After about twenty minutes, the professors start running up and down the stairs and whispering frantically.  Turns out, the university students were going on strike/protesting and they had decided to occupy the building.  The last time this happened, they occupied the university for two months, so, in a panic, the university folks were going to lock the doors regardless of who was inside.  Everybody in the meeting ran out and now ... we may or may not have class tomorrow.  Or for the next two months.  Nobody knows exactly.  I don't have class till late tomorrow, so if the students did manage to occupy the buildings, hopefully someone will tell me before I make it all the way out there.

2 comments:

  1. Je te plumerai la tête! Est-ce que tu as recommencé les cours? Wow, I have no idea if that was right or not...

    ReplyDelete